When it comes to painting projects, one can never skimp on quality. Good quality paint not only looks better, but it serves as a protective coating against weather and dust. There are different types of paint available in the market, but not all of them are of good quality. Some paints are made of cheap materials and may also contain harmful chemicals that can be detrimental to your health. Remember that painting your house is an enhancement and an investment. A house painting venture takes both time and money. Compromising on the quality of the paint will damage your home’s value in the long run, affecting both its interior and exterior. Now let’s explore some of the advantages of selecting high-quality paint.
1. Longer Lasting – The fact that high-quality paint lasts longer is among its most important benefits. It provides a smoother, more uniform appearance and can last twice as long as less expensive paint. Although the cost of the paint will be higher initially, you will end up saving money because you won’t have to repaint as frequently. Furthermore, you don’t have to buy several cans of paint when you opt for high-quality paint, as it requires fewer coats to get the job done.
2. Easy Application – Easy application is a primary advantage of high-quality paint. You’ll have to do less work as it covers more area and paint evenly. You’ll use fewer brush strokes, less rolling, and spend less time touching up. Furthermore, high-quality paint doesn’t splash around as much which will make the clean-up process quicker.
3. Improved Adhesion – In contrast to low-quality paints, standard companies like Berger paints use fine 100% acrylic latex in their high-quality paints. What this means is that the paint will stick to the surface more readily as the quality of resin used is superior. The adherence ability of the low-quality paint is short-lived and you might be required to repaint your walls as the fading, and peeling becomes evident in just a couple of years.
4. Mold Resistant – Every homeowner’s nightmare is to notice black, dark green, or even white powdery spots, especially on the exterior of the house. We know that this happens when fungus starts infesting the walls of the house. Using high-quality paint is vital to overcome this problem. All high-quality paints have mildewcide additive which prevents the growth of mildew and molds and helps in keeping the structure of your home stronger.
5. Easy Maintenance and Minimal Wear – High-quality paint are meant to endure routine wear and tear. It resists dirt, and dust naturally, which means it’s easier to clean off any fingerprints, or scruffs with a wet cloth. When you use low-quality paint on the wall, it’s not only difficult to clean the marks off, but regular cleaning causes the paint to fade. This doesn’t happen with high-quality paint is used. The sheen of the wall remains intact despite regular cleaning.
If you are wondering how to tell the difference between low-quality paint and high-quality paint, then check the volume of solid and the percentage of titanium dioxide in the paint. The higher the percentage of these two in a paint, the superior it is in its quality. A thick coat of high-quality paint dries up faster and doesn’t give your wall a runny or blotchy look.
Preparing your wall before you apply the paint also plays a vital role in ensuring that your painting job lasts longer. A poorly prepared wall will require frequent touch-ups and higher maintenance. It is important to do your research and choose a good quality paint that will be safe for you and your family.