Do you want to dive into the field of networking but struggle to decide whether it’s your cup of tea or not? If yes, then you’re reading the written article now! In this era of IT, a certification of the CompTIA Network+ course will be a bonus to your resume. Even though CompTIA Network+ is hard, you can still excel in this exam with enough preparation from the right amount of information material.
What is CompTIA Network+?
CompTIA Network+ course is introduced for beginner IT specialists. This certificate shows that the individual is competent in implementing, maintaining, installing, troubleshooting, and configuration of basic network structures. This is specifically an entry-level certification, therefore; one must get the A+ certification first.
Candidates must carry a CompTIA + Certification with at least 9 to 12 months of experience in networking.
The individual must have:
- Designing and implementation of networks
- Configure and maintain network devices.
- Identify merits and demerits of existing configurations of network
- Implement network security with all standard protocols.
- Know troubleshoot network problems.
CompTIA Network+ course topics
It has 5 domains namely,
- Networking Concepts
- Network operations
- Network Security
- Network Troubleshooting and Tools
Why is Network+ difficult to learn?
Yes of course! Even if you’re a networking geek, you will find certain areas to be tough since doing courses on your own is a challenge in itself. You have to dedicate time and effort to studying to achieve this certification. Also, if you’re not from an IT background, it could take you even more time to understand and pick up.
Duration for learning the Network+ course
It all depends on how you go buy the course. If you’re a fast learner, you’ll finish before those that take time to understand. If you have no networking knowledge, you could do a 6 months project first giving at least 2 hours to it.
Tips and tricks
- One should know what kind of learner they are so that once you figure it out, you can learn effectively
- Skip the really hard questions and prepare easy and repetitive questions first since you can score easily with them. Once you’re done with that, tackle the hard ones.
- Prepare conceptual questions as well as they hold some weight age as well.
- Books – You can find them online such as the certified study guide and exam cram of CompTIA Network+.
- Online study groups – Online study groups are very interactive for cramming things.
- Practice tests – Practicing through sample tests makes remembering easier.
- Exam objectives of CompTIA Network+ – These are specially designed for students to go through before their exams like a pattern.
After going through the whole article, it must have gotten clear to you whether you should pursue this certification course or not. Thus, we can conclude that the CompTIA Network+ certification can be pursued easily with hard work and resilience. You could also do the CompTIA Security+ course in addition to this one since it is considered a great course after this one.