Firstly who is a CBAP, that has gained lot of importance in the present era? Well, in simple language, CBAP stands for a Certified Business Analysis Professional. So, a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is an expert whose job is to identify the needs of the business companies or businesses organisation. By identifying these needs, he or she then analyses it efficiently so as to arrive at a proper solution that is professional in nature. The person possessing the CBAP Certification is the important facilitator of the business companies or business organisation who acts as a medium between the client, stakeholders, and the solution team. This sort of definition or analysis has been laid down by the IIBA.
The person who is a Certified Business Analysis Professional is one who is held accountable or liable for all the requirements development as well as requirements management. The person possessing the CBAP Certification are trusted to be the perfectly competent individuals who can perform all the skills that is gaining recognition as an important part of any successful project.
What exactly the CBAP certification process comprises is can be summed up as demonstrating the experience, knowledge, and competencies of a qualified practitioner of business analysis. All these skills are taught or demonstrated in accordance with the requirements that are framed by the IIBA. The CBAP certification program is is an ideal certification especially for the intermediate and senior business analysts. One important point to be noted is that the candidates are not required compulsorily to be IIBA members in order to take the exam.
What are the Benefits of IIBA Certification:
There are innumerable benefits of the IIBA certification. This certification is on demand and it will demand not only the individual but also to the organisation or Business Company. Thus, here we have classified the benefits under 2 heads, that is, firstly, the benefits to the individual and secondly, the benefits to the organisation.
Benefits to the individual:
1. the certification helps the individual by inculcating in him or her the knowledge of the skills necessary to be an effective business analyst.
2. The certification helps the individual by inculcating in him or her the professional level of competence in the principles and practices of business analysis.
3. This certification ensures effective participation in a recognized professional group.
4. This certificate is nothing mere in nature but is a validation or acknowledgement of professional competence by professional peers and management.
5. This certification often widens the scope of advanced career potential by framing a unique path of career within the information technology industry and business community. This also helps in staying at the top during competition.
6. The certification helps the individual by inculcating in him or her the dedication that is required for the business analysis profession.
Benefits to the organization:
1.The individuals who possess CBAP Certification are validated as very efficient as well competent assets who possess the necessary skills in order to perform an all the tasks which are gaining recognition as a crucial part of any successful project.
2. The individuals possessing the CBAP Certification are the persons possessing an advanced level of knowledge and qualifications and can prove to be an asset to the company or organisation.
3. The IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK®) has laid down some standards, and the CBAP strictly follows with utmost sincerity.
4. There is no doubt that the CBAPs lead to reliable, quality results with the highest efficiency, competency as well as maintaining this throughout.
Following are some of the recommended courses at the institute to raise your skills and expertise and to widen the scope of your career:
1. Business Process Analysis
2. CBAP Certification Prep Boot Camp
3. Business Analysis Essentials
4. Requirements Validation and Testing
5. Requirements Development,
6. Documentation and Management
7. Applying Enterprise Business Architecture