Class 7 Science Exam: These Tips Can Help You Score Above 90%
Students can build a strong base by studying NCERT books. In class 7 science, there are 18 lessons. Students should concentrate on every lesson because understanding basic science concepts is important for scoring high marks in higher classes. It forms the base for students who are planning to take up science as their stream in higher classes. Information given in the class 7 science book gives comprehensive detail of every topic.
Tips to score above 90% in class 7 science
A few tips are given here that can help class 7 students to create interest in science and score above 90%.
Students should properly read the given concepts in the book. In the science book, students will find useful information mentioned in a box, in every chapter. It is very important to remember those points as students can get multiple-choice questions from this. This information can also help them in solving exercise questions. If students want to check the solutions, they can search for the NCERT science book class 7 solutions pdf online and refer to it.
In class 7, students will learn many new topics. Students should focus more on new topics as they can make a strong understanding for scoring good marks in science.
Details of Chapters
- The first chapter in class 7 science is about nutrition in plants. It gives vast knowledge about different methods of nutrition adopted by different plants. Hence, they adopt other methods for making food. Children will also learn about different nutrients needed by plants for their growth. Students should look at the different diagrams, images, and tables given in the chapter for easy understanding.
- The second lesson is about nutrition in animals. This chapter covers everything about different modes of nutrition in animals. Students will learn about the digestive system and how food is digested in the body. They will also learn about the different organs that make up the digestive system and their role in the process of digestion.
- The third lesson in class 7 science is about different types of fabrics and how they are obtained from different sources. Students will learn about the history of silk, the process of making silk from silkworms, obtaining wool from sheep, and producing cotton from cotton plants. It is an interesting chapter and children learn a lot of new things in this chapter.
- The fourth chapter is about heat and its properties. It is an important chapter because it includes many important terms such as conduction and convection. Students need to learn the terms properly to score good marks. They will also learn about the flow of energy through substances made of different materials.
- The next chapter is also important and it relates to daily life. We use many chemical substances in daily life. In this chapter, children will learn about acids, bases, and how salts are formed. The common salt that we use in our food is also salt. It is prepared by the combination of two elements. Thus, it is an interesting chapter and children will learn about the properties of acids, bases, and salts.
- The sixth chapter is about different types of changes that take place in nature. Students will learn about physical and chemical changes and how we can differentiate between the two. It includes different terms and students need to understand important terms such as melting, boiling, solidification, evaporation, etc.
- Chapter 7 is very easy because it gives information about weather, climate, and how animals are adapted to different types of climate. This chapter helps children to understand how climate change can affect a living organism and how a living organism can adapt to such changes.
- In chapter 8, students will learn about natural phenomena such as winds, storms, and cyclones. Children will learn how strong winds and storms occur and what are the reasons for cyclones, their after-effects and precautions we can take.
- In chapter 9, students will learn about a very basic thing that is soil. This lesson covers everything about soil and its properties. They will learn about different types of soil and which is the most fertile soil for agriculture.
- Chapter 10 is very interesting and useful for class 7 children. They will learn about the process of respiration in different organisms. How do organisms respire? Why respiration is important for living organisms?
- Chapter 11 teaches everything about the circulatory system in human beings which includes blood, blood vessels, and heart. Students will learn everything through different diagrams that are illustrated properly in the book for easy understanding. Children will also learn about the excretory system and how waste is removed from the body.
- The next chapter is all about the process of reproduction in plants. Students will learn about the different types of reproduction in detail. Mainly there are two types, sexual and asexual reproduction.
- Chapter 13 teaches about the motion and speed of vehicles. They will learn how to calculate speed and measure distance. Students will also learn how to calculate speed by using graphs. Students should understand different graphs and knowledge of maths can help them to understand this chapter properly.
- Chapter 14 is all about electric current. This chapter will teach about the different electric circuit parts, symbols, and different effects of electric current. The most important thing that students learn in this chapter is how an electric bell works. Students need to practice the diagrams properly in this chapter for easy understanding.
- The next chapter is about light. It is the fifteenth chapter in the science book. This chapter consists of different properties of light. It also helps children to understand how light travels in a straight line. It is an important lesson for higher classes.
- Chapter 16 covers everything about the water. This chapter tells students about the importance of water in our lives. They will learn about different forms of water such as rainwater, groundwater, surface water, etc.
- Chapter 17 is general and it is important for students. It includes information about forests and their impact on our environment. This chapter also teaches students about the importance of forests in our lives and what we can do to prevent the depletion of forests.
- The last chapter is the 18th chapter which teaches about the process of conservation of water. The students will also learn about water management and the treatment of water. The students will also learn about the process of water purification in this chapter.
Students should start preparing for their exams on time. They should avoid last-minute stress. Studying consistently helps grasp the fundamentals well. In science, there are some chapters in which students have to solve numerical problems. For example, in chapter 13, students will solve numerical problems related to distance, time, and speed. They can write formulas on the register and use them for solving numerical problems. It is also easy to revise at the time of the exam.