The American Pet Products Association (APPA) reports that the number of US households with at least one pet is close to 70%, which is the highest level ever recorded. With an abrupt rise in pet ownership over the last few years, pet parenting has changed dramatically.
These days, many pet owners consider their pets to be their babies and usually prefer to take them along on vacations, events, and other trips. If you’re a pet owner, you know that traveling with your furry friend can be a bit of a hassle, but it’s also worth it.
Traveling with your pets is a trip of a lifetime. It’s exciting, it’s fun, and it’s also stressful. If you want to make sure that your pet has the best trip possible, you need to make sure they are comfortable.
Pets are family members, and they deserve to be treated like royalty while you’re on vacation. With the right tools in hand, traveling with your pet can be as easy as fun.
This article will cover four must-have items for traveling with pets:
Emergency Supplies Kit
An emergency supplies kit is a must-have when traveling with your pets. It’s also a great idea to have When you’re traveling with your pets, it’s important to be prepared for any emergency. This can include everything from a simple trip to the vet to a car accident, so it’s important to have an emergency supplies kit that includes items for both you and your pet.
Here are some must-have items for your emergency supplies kit:
- Medications: You should always carry medications for both you and your pet in case of an emergency. The most common medications that should be included are pain relievers, antibiotics, and anti-nausea medications.
- Food: Whether on a trip or at home, pet parents have become more aware of the need to spend on the right food products. That’s why they spent around $50.0 billion on pet food and treats. Food is even more important when you’re going on a long trip. Make sure to take enough food for both of you. Make sure that all of your food is high quality as well. This will help prevent any stomach issues from occurring during the trip.
- Water: Make sure that there is plenty of fresh water available at all times during the trip so that everyone stays hydrated! You may also want to consider bringing along some bottled water just in case something happens (like running out of fuel).
- First Aid Kit: You should always have an emergency supplies kit on hand while traveling with your pets because emergencies happen unexpectedly, and there may not always be someone nearby who can help you deal.
The first step to creating a proper emergency supplies kit is finding the right products for your animal companion. There are a wide variety of options available online from companies like PetCareRx. PetCareRx has everything you need for your pet ranging from supplements, medications, supplies, toys, and other products.
A First-Aid Kit
A first-aid kit is a must-have when traveling with your pets.
You never know what will happen during your trip, and it’s better to be prepared than not!
Your first-aid kit should include:
- Antibiotics for dogs and cats, as well as for you
- Bandages in different sizes for all types of wounds, including those on your pet’s paws or feet
- Gauze pads (both large and small), tape, scissors (for cutting the gauze pads), disinfectant wipes, cotton balls, tweezers (for removing splinters), Vaseline gauze (this can be used to cover up a wound before applying medication), eye drops (this is especially important if your dog has recently received an eye injury or surgery), eye ointment/ointment
- A pair of gloves (to protect yourself when treating your pet’s wounds), a thermometer (if possible), an ice pack or cloth wrapped around ice cubes (if you have one), and a water bottle with a straw attached to it for easy access
GPS Pet Tracker
A study found that over the previous five years, 14% of dogs and 15% of cats strayed at least once. Of those lost animals, 93% of dogs and 75% of cats were found. Therefore, 25% of cats and 7% of dogs were never located.
GPS Pet Trackers are small devices that allow you to track the location of your pet. They work by transmitting a signal via satellite back to the user’s cell phone or computer. The tracker can be attached to your pet’s collar or placed in the pet’s carrier.
These devices can provide peace of mind for you and your pet parent friends by allowing them to keep track of where their pets are at all times, even when they’re not physically with them. You can also use these devices to notify others if your pet has gone missing. A GPS Pet Tracker gives you peace of mind while traveling with your furry family members.
The best part is that this tracker doesn’t require any monthly fees. You simply pay for the device itself and then recharge it when needed. This is great because it means that once you buy the device, there are no ongoing costs involved in using it.
A GPS Pet Tracker is a great investment for any pet owner who travels often with their furry friend(s).
What are the benefits of having these items when traveling with your pets?
Well, first and foremost, they help keep your pet safe and secure. Secondly, if you’re on a long trip, they can make the journey more comfortable for both you and your pet. And lastly, they can help you stay organized and prepared for any situation that might come up along the way.
Thus, as you’re planning your next trip with Fido or Fluffy in tow, make sure to include some of these items in your bag.