We all have come across Microsoft Outlook applications at some point in life. It is the best email application that allows you to send and receive emails without much problem. If you are using the Microsoft Office Suite, then Outlook also acts as your personal data manager.
Apart from sending emails, Microsoft Outlook is also known for its calendar, task management, communication management, browsing the internet, and more.
If you use the Microsoft Outlook application daily, you might have come across a Pii email error. One of the most common Pii email error is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. If you are using this application and facing the Pii error, then you will find it very difficult to use the application.
You need to know that [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is a common error code you will face in your application.
Here in this post, we have mentioned some of the reasons for the error and different ways to fix the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error code.
Why does the email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] occur?
The email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] occurs in the mail server through SSL encryption, and the relationship is no longer established. Moreover, this error can occur if the SSL encryption is disabled for the email account.
What happens when the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] error occurs?
If you are facing the email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6], here are some of the signs and symptoms you will face-
- The Windows OS begins to crash regularly.
- The Outlook application will stop responding, and the tool will restart from time to time.
- The mouse and the keyboard take a very long time to respond.
Reasons for the email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]
- The email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] mainly occurs when you have not installed the application properly. You might face this error during the installation process. However, you will be able to open the application but not use it properly.
- You will face the error if you use more than one Outlook account in the same application [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6].
- If you keep signing in and out of different applications again and again.
- If you are using any third-party email application.
Other Pii Email Errors
Methods to fix the email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]
Now that you know the reasons for the email error, here are some of the simple ways to fix the Microsoft Outlook email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6].
- Reconfigure the SMTP and POP server settings.
- Use SCANPST.exe to repair PST documents.
- Check for duplicate email accounts.
- Log out of all the multiple accounts.
- Clear all the cache and cookies.
- Reinstall the Microsoft Outlook.
- Use the troubleshooting center.
Reconfigure the SMTP and POP server settings
To fix the [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] in Outlook, you have to configure the SMTP and POP server settings.
Follow the steps given below if you are using MS Outlook 2016:
- Open the MS Outlook in your tool.
- Go to File Menu > Info > Account Settings > Manage Profiles.
- Once the mail setup popup opens, go to “Email accounts.”
- Select your email account and double click on it, and go to “more settings.”
- Now go to “advanced” and test the IMAP and SMTP ports. Make sure IMAP is 993 and SMTP is 465.
- Once done, click on “ok.”
Following the steps mentioned above will help you to fix the email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] quickly.
Use SCANPST.exe to repair PST documents
SCANPST.exe is an inbox restore software supplied through MS Outlook to revive corrupted PST documents. So to fix the email error, you need to get rid of the corrupt PST files. Follow the steps given below:
- Open Windows Explorer on your computer.
- Now go to C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice14. This will open the place where your Microsoft Office documents are installed.
- Once on the page, search for SCANPST.exe software and then run this system on your device.
- Search the .pst record and go to start to continue the restore process.
- Then click on “make backup,” then click on the “browse button” to line the backup location. Then pick the repair choice and complete the process.
Check for duplicate email accounts
The email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] might occur if you have duplicate accounts. Follow the steps below to delete duplicate accounts:
- Go to Control Panel and click on Mail.
- Go to Email accounts.
- In the account settings, check if there are any duplicate accounts. If you find any duplicate accounts, click on “remove.”
Log out of all the multiple accounts
You might face the error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] if you use multiple Outlook accounts in one application. To fix the error, log out of all the accounts and log in to one account that you use regularly. Once you have logged out of all the multiple Outlook accounts, restart your computer and check if the email error occurs again.
Clear all the cache and cookies
The main reason for the email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is the cache and cookies. If you are using more than one account in different tabs, try logging out of all the accounts which cause the error. Once you have logged out, clear the cache and cookies, which will clear all the old data which are knowingly or unknowingly causing the error. Clearing the cache and cookies clears all the broken data and fixes all the unknown errors.
Reinstall the Microsoft Outlook
The best way to fix the Pii email error [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6] is to uninstall and reinstall the application from the official website. Deleting the Outlook application will delete all the damaged files which you are not able to figure out.
All you need to do is, go to the settings, search for Microsoft Outlook, and uninstall it. Once the process is over, restart your system and download the latest Microsoft Outlook version from the official Microsoft website.
Use the troubleshooting center
All the Microsoft applications have an in-built troubleshooting center, which helps to fix the error automatically. All you would like to try to do is, attend the instrument panel on your computer and attend Microsoft. Click on the Troubleshooting option available and await the Windows to scan an equivalent. If there are any issues with the application, you can solve them by following the screen’s instructions. Once you’ve got fixed the problems, you’re able to use the appliance.
If you are an Outlook user, then you might have faced a Pii error. One of the most common Pii errors you might face is [pii_email_37f47c404649338129d6]. Here in this post, we mentioned the reasons for the error and ways to fix it. So let us recap:
You will face an email error if the email application is not installed correctly or logged in to more than one account in the same application or uses any third-party application.
We also discussed some of the simple ways to fix the email error- Reconfigure the SMTP and POP server settings, use SCANPST.exe to repair PST documents, check for duplicate email accounts. You can also try logging out of all the multiple accounts, clear all the cache and cookies, reinstall Microsoft Outlook, or use the troubleshooting center.
We hope this blog helped you fixed the email error. If not, you can always contact the Microsoft Support team for assistance.
Read Also: How to fix [pii_email_0500bea7a0f2381fe401] outlook error message?