Cross-Platform Mobile App Development: Top 5 Frameworks to Consider in 2021
In this competitive world, understanding how to get a wide customer base and revenue is a constant query of a business owner. Due to this, a business always looks for the best cross-platform mobile app frameworks to develop their commercial app. The reason behind it is that building a cross-platform app increases the chances of reaching more people affordably. Therefore, the companies hire a mobile app development agency to help them choose the best app development framework and create a robust app.
This article will provide you with the names and the features of five top-class cross-platform mobile application development frameworks. But before that, let’s take a peek at mobile application test automation frameworks required to remove the bugs in app development. Testing is also a significant phase of the app development process.
Cross-platform Mobile App Development Framework
A cross-platform mobile app development framework provides the basic structure to build native-like apps for multiple platforms like iOS, Android, Windows, etc., with a single code base. Since a business can run a cross-platform application on several devices or media, it increases the chances of getting better reach, and that too in a lesser time and money.
Today, businesses want to make their way deeper into the market through highly interactive and engaging mobile applications, which is an easy way to connect with their customers. Cross-platform development is an optimum and affordable solution that helps companies share business-related information with their target audience.
Below are some of the best cross-platform mobile app development frameworks available in the market to create apps that can influence your target audience on a large scale.
Five Best Cross-platform App Development Frameworks in 2021
PhoneGap is an open-source, cross-platform app development framework that enables you to create mobile apps stress-free. This platform does not impose any hardware restrictions on you, and you can use any programming language with it. Developed by Adobe, it provides cloud-based solutions that help you in developing apps directly on the platform.
- It offers an easy and faster development process while reducing the development money and time.
- It contains and offers various UI libraries to enhance the viewing experience of the users.
- It also has a large community base capable of providing solid user support.
Ionic is one of the best choices for hybrid app development to create high-quality business applications. It consists of an extensive library that contains many essential tools and components that prove to be helpful in the app designing process. It inherits several Android and iOS elements that make it easy for you to craft native-like hybrid apps for multiple devices and platforms.
- Ionic presents you with a wide range of UI components and tools that enhance the user interface of your mobile apps.
- The ionic framework consists of several native plugins to enhance the apps’ performance and provide an optimal user experience.
- You also get browser-view support while using Ionic as your cross-platform development framework.
Developed by Google in 2017, it is a fast, open-source app development platform. It is like an object-oriented language that contributes to developing Android, iOS, Linux, macOS, Windows, Google Fuschia, and many more.
- Flutter provides you with customization features and fast rendering with the help of its layered architecture. It gives you control over the pixels on the screen and offers seamless animations, graphics, texts, etc.
- Flutter is well-known for its fast development speed that saves a lot of your time and effort due to using a single code base for multiple platforms.
- Since Flutter can use the same existing code on different platforms, it requires less testing in the app development process.
- Its Hot Reload feature helps make changes in the code that you can view immediately without waiting for the code recompilation.
Developed by Microsoft, Xamarin is a popular cross-platform app development framework that claims its 90% of the code used in an app for a specific platform is reusable. It uses .NET and C# to develop highly engaging and intuitive applications to give a native feel to your users.
- It uses the same tech stack for all the platforms that saves both your time and money.
- The performance of the cross-platform apps developed through Xamarin is close enough to the native ones.
- It uses platform-specific UI elements to provide your customers with an optimal user experience.
- There are many online learning resources available out there on Xamarin to improve your technical skills related to this framework.
- Its code reusability feature makes it a cost-effective tool that saves your time, money and effort.
- It contains a rich ecosystem of libraries and tools that enhances developers’ productivity.
- Since you can reuse around 90% of its code, the development process takes much less time than other app development frameworks.
- The community support of React Native is pretty broad. It means you can get massive assistance from high-skilled developers whenever you get stuck somewhere in your app development process.
In today’s time, cross-platform app development has become a need of the hour for businesses. However, you need to understand that to get the expected results, you must choose the proper framework for your mobile app. Therefore, before starting right away with your app development process, it is better to consult a mobile apps development company to make an informed decision. With a suitable framework, you can get a mobile app that will boost your business growth.