Every single organisation in the world desires efficiency. Even you and me, as individuals, want to be as efficient as possible in our day to day lives.
As you must already know, efficiency depends on how well the inputs are used in order to give a quality output. This is what an MBA in Operations Management is all about.
What is an MBA in Operations Management?
An MBA in Operations Management is a two-year postgraduate management degree. This program helps you pick up important technical skills such as planning, organising and overseeing of production and manufacturing processes in addition to managerial skills like leadership, analytical thinking, teamwork and time management.
Scope of an MBA in Operations Management
The manufacturing industry forms the bedrock of the economy, and operations play a major role in the creation and rollout of finished products from raw materials.
This ensures there is sufficient demand for MBA in Operations Management grads in the industry, with ample career opportunities. Additionally, with the government putting emphasis on schemes such as Make In India and Atmanirbhar Bharat, this is the perfect time to pursue an MBA in Operations Management.
Eligibility for an MBA in Operations Management
While the specific eligibility criteria varies for every individual college, the basic requirements are as follows-
- You need to have completed graduation from a recognised university.
- You need to have 50% aggregate marks minimum during graduation. (For SC/ST it’s generally 5-10% lower.)
- Final year graduation students can also apply provided they complete their degree before the start of the course.
- Candidates must appear in one or more of the following MBA entrance exams- CAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA, XAT, GMAT etc.
Salary & Job Profiles after an MBA in Operations Management
According to Payscale, the average salary for an MBA in Operations Management professional in India is 9.21 LPA. Your career will surely reach new heights with this degree, especially as you have the option of working in various industries such as construction, consulting, logistics and supply chain, e-commerce, finance etc.
Job profiles available to an MBA in Operations Management grad-
- Operations Manager- Responsible for overseeing and streamlining processes Inventory Control Manager- In charge of maintaining stock and minimising costs to increase efficiency.
- Plant Manager– Head of the manufacturing plant and responsible for the production on a daily basis.
- Operations Research Analyst– As a Research Analyst you will have to improve the processes by prioritising resource allocation.
- Operations Consultant– Planning and recommending changes to the workings of a department or organisation.
These are only some of the roles available to MBA in Operations Management grads, you can explore more opportunities online.
Taking an MBA in Operations to the Next Level
An MBA in Operations Management is an excellent choice to further your career but you also need to get the college choice right in order to make the most of the degree.
With most graduates nowadays lacking the skills and in the words of some experts being ‘unemployable’, the need of the hour is to provide industry relevant education.
Some colleges doing just that include-
In collaboration with Sunstone Eduversity, ADTU Guwahati provides accountable, outcome-oriented education which makes you ready to hit the ground running when you join your first job.
ADTU is one of the top universities of North-East India with a campus spanning 50 acres. You can avail all the facilities you need at this state-of-the-art campus- a rich resourceful library, tech-enabled classrooms, practical teaching, world class sports grounds and much more.
Lovely Professional University
Consistently ranked as one of the best private universities in India, LPU promises quality management and a huge campus with every facility you can think of. Students from various different countries study here under one roof meaning you will also gain global exposure.
Parul University, Vadodara
Parul University is one of the largest universities in Gujarat offering an MBA in Operations. Companies such as TCS and Infosys regularly visit here to hire MBA students.
The campus offers state-of-the-art amenities such as gymnasium, library and computer labs and focuses on practical education rather than theory.