The tasks that a Lineman does is very crucial and dangerous! Hence, they need to follow the safety measures and carry all the vital tools required for work purposes. Whether it is the telephone poles, cables, or electric wires, a lineman works hard in unsafe task completion conditions.
A lineman tool list is the compilation of necessary gear that they need for meeting the job requirements. They need to follow a specific skill set to carry out the work in an appropriate manner. With lineman tools, they can complete the job with better accuracy, precision, and reliability.
Lineman work needs a comprehensive inventory of specific tools and gears that have a unique design and appearance. These tools’ design and look are perfect to meet the speed, efficiency, and safety while performing work. Hence, the Lineman must carry along this tool list everywhere.
Complete list of Lineman tools and equipment!
Here is a complete lineman tool lost that helps the professional work at the job site with complete skill and proficiency.
General Tool list
- Hammer: It is the most crucial gear in the lineman tool list as it is necessary for everything they do at the site. The size and type of the hammer depending on the work you do. However, every Lineman must own it.
- Wrench: Another crucial component of the lineman tool list is the Wrench. The size and variety of the tool depend on the work you need to do.
- Plier set: It is not just a single plier, but you need to carry a complete set of pliers in the lineman tool list. They need to take a need-nose pair or the slip joint pliers as a part of it. Thus, pliers set is a vital tool that you must carry along while going on the site.
- Skinning knife: For removing the cable jacket, the Skinning knife is another vital gear in the lineman tool list. This tool’s design and competency is perfect for folding models, insulation, and other essential tasks. There are multiple options available for the same, and select the one that perfectly fits your project.
- Chargers and Batteries: It is imperative to carry the chargers and batteries when preparing a lineman tool list. After all, not every job site pertains to the power points for charging of tools. Hence, make sure you carry along chargers and batteries to complete the task.
What are the necessary Safety equipment of the lineman tool list?
Here are the essential safety gears that every Lineman should carry with them:
- Hard Hat: Proper headgear or protection is also a necessary part of the lineman tool list. It is advisable to invest in a good one that comes with a hard material to it.
- Gloves: You also need to carry along with two gloves while going for the lineman tasks. Getting insulated gloves can be a good option as it aids in the management of high range electricity. Hence, a pair of leather gloves and the insulated gloves is necessary for the lineman tool list.
- Climbing belt: A lineman needs to include a climbing belt in the list as it acts as a complete career while climbing on.
- Boots- Next inclusion in the lineman tool list is the various types of boots. Whether you have to climb the metal or normal poles, a pair of conductive boots are necessary.
- Hot stick: It is a vital tool if the Lineman needs to work at the telephone pole or as an electrician.
Other supporting lineman tools for specialized tasks
Compression tools like pistol are a necessary part of the lineman tool list that comes with interchanging heads. They help in completing the task smoothly. It includes cutting tools, Gaffs, hooks, Climbers, irons, and spikes that simplify the Lineman’s jobs.
So, here is a lineman tool list that you or fellow Lineman need to carry along anywhere they go. It aids in giving better insight into the job and meet all work requirements appropriately.