How to Fix Black Screen on Acer Laptop
If you know how to reset acer laptop, you will be able to fix black screen on acer laptop. By performing a few actions, you can resolve issues and avoid acer laptops repairs cost.
Anyone who knows how to fix acer laptop issues will be highly sought after. There are couple of issues that are very common among acer laptop users. Knowing how to solve them is a good skill to have. You can even earn a bit on the side by doing acer laptops repairs.
Black screen is a recurring problem that a lot of acer users face often. You see a black screen when you turn on your laptop. The screen does not show anything after the acer logo appears. Have you faced this issue too? Then you have come to the right place.
The most common solution for this issue is to reset your laptop. But for that, you have to know how to reset acer laptop.
Here is how you can fix black screen on acer laptop easily by performing power reset on laptop. We have also listed out other solutions if the first solution is unsuccessful. Work your way down the solutions until your issues are resolved.
1. How to Reset Acer Laptop
This particular solution works for Windows 7/8/10 and is easy if you know how to reset acer laptop. Most people power reset their laptop to solve their issue. This is because most of the laptop issues get solved by a hard reset. And it works too. Here is how you can do it yourself.
- Turn off your laptop.
- Unplug all peripheral devices connected to your acer laptop. This includes AC adapter cable, hard drives, battery, printer and other devices.
- Locate the Power button on the keyboard. Press and Hold the Power button for around 30 seconds. Then release the button. During this time your laptop will reboot and turn off.
- Now put your laptop back in and plug in the charger. But do not plug any other device.
- Press the power button as you normally do and turn on your laptop.
Your laptop should work fine now. And if works for you then, update your device drivers to their latest versions. This will you prevent similar issues from happening again.
However, if your issue persists, do not worry. There are other ways to cure your laptop.
2. Try Pressing F2, F9, and F10 key during System Boot Up
Try this method if your acer laptop still shows black screen even after you have performed power reset.
- Turn off your laptop.
- Make sure to disconnect all external devices that are attached to your acer laptop.
- Now press the Power button and turn on your machine.
- When you see that the acer logo has appeared, press F2, F9, F10 and Enter Key on your keyboard.
- Now select Exit > Yes.
- Press Enter.
This should resolve your black screen problem.
3. Update Graphics Card Driver
Acer black screen can be fixed by reinstalling the graphics card drive. Missing or an old version of graphics card drive may be the cause of black screen.
You need to boot your computer into safe mode and try reinstalling the graphics card driver. You can manually find the updated drivers from the manufacturer.
- Download the latest and recommended driver for your laptop.
- Uninstall the existing one through Device Manager.
- Turn off the antivirus on your system and login as administrator.
- Now install the latest graphics card driver and restart your laptop.
Knowing how to fix acer laptop saves you both time and money spent otherwise on repairs. BIOS stands for Basic Input Output System. It is a software that helps to identify hardware issues in your laptop.
To update your BIOS, go to Acer Support Page and find the latest BIOS. Download it and use the given instruction to update your BIOS.
Note that you have to be extremely careful as any mistake can render your laptop useless.
5. Scan for Malware
Have a strong antivirus software on your laptop and perform regular root scans. If you come across any malware, follow the instructions carefully to mitigate it.
After you have followed all the steps, reboot your acer laptop. Your black screen should be fixed.
You should learn how to reset acer laptop. It solves almost all elementary problems. Regularly scan your laptop and keep your drivers updated. In case the issue persists, contact acer support on their toll-free number and get expert help.